Saturday, November 19, 2011

Introduction...

Hi my name is Debbie and I am a SoCal (Southern California) native. I am in my 40's, married 15 years to a wonderful guy, Hector and 2 wonderful sons, Tyler and Joshua. I'm a SAHM (stay at home mom) after spending about 15 years working as a pharmacist. I enjoy being with my family/friends, reading, travel, cooking & good food, reading, snowboarding, NHL hockey (LA Kings), knitting and photography.

 The photography part is the most important especially to this blog since this is how I share and document all of  these other  items that I've mentioned. I shoot for pleasure mostly but recently in the last year, I've been wanting to challenge myself to take better pictures. To do this, I thought I would try the 365 photo challenge and post 1 photo a day. I looked at other 365 day projects to get ideas and what I've learned is that anything goes. Some will take a self protrait daily, some just take a picture of whatever but the idea is to post a photo daily. This will be a huge commitment on my part and I will try to shoot daily although I know that there will be times when I can't. So I was thinking of having themes on a monthly schedule. For example, I can have the theme of  Vehicles take dozens of pictures on that subject and post a photo a day along with the story behind it. Some of the themes are very broad so that will be fun in how I intrepret and share it.

So far I've come up with 17 themes and I figured that I can get myself going at this years end so I can work out any kinks in my project. I will try as much as I can to stick to the month's theme as possible and post a photo every day. If I do miss a day due to life I will post the photos as I am able but I do want to commit to this.

I will just go down the list and begin posting December 1st.

Here is my list:

 December 2011: B/W I need to ease myself into this

January 2012: Movement

February: Portrait

March: Vehicles

April: Macro

May: Doorways

June: Flowers

July: Play

August: Architecture

September: Shadows

October: Animals

November: Feet

December: Colors

Feel free to join me on this challenge and let's learn something new! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment